Lanthanum Fluoride LaF3
Lanthanum Fluoride (LaF3), Purity≥99.9%
CAS No.: 13709-38-1
Melting point: 1493 °C
Lanthanum Fluoride (LaF3), or lanthanum trifluoride, is a high-melting, ionic compound. It has few applications such as uses in fiber optics, electrodes, fluorescent lamps and radiation applications.
Lanthanum Fluoride, is mainly applied in specialty glass, water treatment and catalyst, and also as the main raw materials for making Lanthanum Metal. Lanthanum Fluoride (LaF3) is an essential component of a heavy Fluoride glass named ZBLAN. This glass has superior transmittance in the infrared range and is therefore used for fiber-optical communication systems. Lanthanum Fluoride is used in phosphor lamp coatings. Mixed with Europium Fluoride, it is also applied in the crystal membrane of Fluoride ion-selective electrodes.
Lanthanum Fluoride (LaF3) is often used in:
- the preparation of modern medical image display technology and the requirements of the nuclear science scintillator
- rare earth crystal laser materials
- fluoride glass fiber optic and rare earth infrared glass.Used in the manufacture of arc light carbon electrode in the lighting source
- the analysis of chemical used in the manufacture of fluorine ion selective electrode
- the metallurgical industry used in the manufacture of special alloy and electrolytic producing lanthanum metal